We pride ourselves on our excellent working relationships with our clients and we are very pleased to say that we very rarely need to utilise this procedure. However, it is vital that we have a set procedure in place should an issue ever arise.
We would look to resolve any issue with no need of the procedure but we are aware that there could be an instance where we may require more investigation and at that point we would look to initiate the following procedure.
In the event that we are unable to resolve a service or quality issue with CJ Tafft Ltd, our Company Secretary will serve as the person for conflict resolution. If the issue still cannot be resolved satisfactorily our Managing Director will become involved. All details are recorded and filed. We will adopt the following steps in conflict resolution:
Identify the problem
- Get the opinion of all the parties involved (client, finance company, salesperson, or any other third party that may be involved)
- We will Identify options that will satisfy the client’s needs - We will determine the most appropriate and fair option for all parties concerned.
- We will implement the resolution as soon as possible. - We will notify all parties of the action we have taken - Identify steps to assure that this conflict will not recur - Implement action steps
- We will review the action steps taken to resolve conflict with client - We would then review with the client to determine as to whether the client is satisfied with the outcome - Encourage communication to ensure that channels are open for further feedback on process, action steps and outcome
Non-financial complaints can be directed to Trading Standards
- The customer may also contact the BVRLA Conciliation Service as an approved Alternative Dispute Resolution service. Details can be found at www.bvrla.co.uk or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifically, the following protocol is recommended:
- Client will notify CJ Tafft Ltd of any ongoing concerns. - The CJ Tafft Ltd salesperson will notify the Company Secretary, of the concern and the matter will be researched. - The Company Secretary will contact the individual involved directly in the sale within one business day. The Company Secretary will then either provide the client with a resolution at that time or explain why more time is needed to identify the best possible solution. - If the client is not satisfied with the proposed resolution, the Company Secretary will elevate the issue to the Managing Director. - If an agreeable resolution is not found the Managing Director will escalate to a joint meeting between the Company Secretary and the Managing Director in order to facilitate a mutually agreeable solution.
If you have a regulated consumer contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet.
If more than 8 weeks has passed from the date of the complaint and you haven’t received a response, or you are unhappy with the final response, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman. You must refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman within 6 months of the date on the final response.
The Financial Ombudsman is a service that provides free and impartial advice for resolving disputes between financial services and institutions. Their contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
0800 023 4567
CJ Tafft Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Not all products we offer are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
C J Tafft Ltd are brokers and not lenders. We do not fund any credit contracts ourselves and all credit applications are introduced to a select group of third party lenders.
CJ Tafft Ltd
25 Years Of Business
162 Dock Street
tel: (01253) 876512
fax: (01253) 874863
tel: (01403) 700500
fax: (01403) 700244
48 Station Road
Tel: 0870 242 2079